Our physical education curriculum enables every child to lead a healthier life by developing a positive approach to exercise while teaching skills progressively. This ensures that children reach a competency level that allows the skills to be combined competitively in specific sports. Positive values and leadership skills are also strongly promoted.
Our Aims for pupils are:
- To be confident when demonstrating the basic skills that underpin the PE curriculum.
- To engage in a skill based curriculum, only applying such skills in sport specific situations once competent.
- To become confident leaders.
- To understand that to be a confident and competent swimmer is a life skill.
- To demonstrate honesty, respect, commitment, humility and self-discipline in each and every sporting event and PE lesson.
- Understand that PE and physical activity holds a high importance when achieving good physical and emotional health.