Year 1 2020 - 2021
Summer Term 19-20
Class teacher: Miss Brook
Teaching assistant: Miss Bagshaw
Cover teacher: Mrs Hodkinson
Welcome to Year 1's page!
Home-learning during Covid19:
Firstly, you're all doing an amazing job you're doing all that you can and remember that doing something is better than doing nothing. Here is some information about what I have set in place for you via the VLE:
- Uploading English and Maths work weekly to the VLE.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday - read/listen to a story with Miss Brook; current book is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (through the YouTube links). These will stop upon return to school.
- Tuesday/Thursday - phonics lessons working on reading, sound buttons, sounding out and writing sentences (through YouTube links). These will stop upon return to school.
- Arithmetic lessons will be uploaded on Fridays (through YouTube links). Once returned to school, children will recieve these in their home learning pack. These videos will stop upon return to school.I will upload these weekly onto the VLE.
- Spelling test videos will be uploaded on Fridays (through YouTube links). Once returned to school, children will recieve these in their home learning pack. These videos will stop upon return to school.I will upload these weekly onto the VLE.
Hope this is helping at home and keeping everyone busy. Remember if you need anything, don't be afraid to contact me.
On the 15th June 2020 we plan to have a phase return in Year 1, if you have opted not to come back to school work will continue to be put onto the VLE including: English, Maths, Spelling and Arithmetic.
Speak soon, stay safe.
Miss Brook x
Phased return information: `
Changes: Children will not hang their belongings up on their pegs as they would normally, they will take their things and place them onto the spare chair on their table as provided. I will place name places on each table so the children know where to sit. Children do not need to bring in their red bags, we would like to minimalise as much stuff coming in from home as possible (this will include anything for show and tell).
PE Kits - PE kits are needed every Monday with Miss Brook and Wednesday with an EdStart Coach.
Reading Books - Reading books need to be brought into school on Monday and will be returned on Friday, that way we can make sure all books are cleaned and safe for the children to take home. Children will read during school but will not be taking books to and from home whilst in school. Enough books will be provided to read during the week your child is learning at home.
Spellings - Spellings will still be tested weekly (Friday). They will be given 2 weeks worth of spellings for the week after (working at home) and the following week where they will be back in class. Please test them on these and write their result into the spelling book provided & we will do the same in school. Please make sure that this book is also provided on the first day of return to school, so the book can be cleaned and quarentined before use.
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Events items
There are no Events items to display